Swami Vivekananda West Bengal Government offers Merit-Cum-Means and Kanyashree (K3) Scholarship for providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal, pursuing higher studies.
The scheme benefits students of Class XI and XII, and at under Graduate level in Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses besides Under Graduate, Post Graduate level students pursuing General Degree courses. These scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional course
- Class XI and XII, Under Graduate level
- Government of West Bengal Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department
- Poor and meritorious students of West Bengal for pursuing higher studies.
With a view to assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies, the Government of West Bengal introduces this scheme of giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal. The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme has been thoroughly revamped in the year 2016 to cover more number of students as well as to enhance the scholarship amounts significantly.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Description
Higher Secondary – Rs. 1000/- (Per month)
UG (Arts) – Rs. 1000/- (Per month)
UG(Commerce) – Rs.1000/-
UG (Science) – Rs. 1500/-
UG (Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved) – Rs.1500/-
PG (Arts) – Rs.2000/-
PG (Commerce) – Rs.2000/-
PG (Science) – Rs. 2500/-
PG (Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved) – Rs.2500/-
NON NET M.Phil./Non NET Ph.D. – Rs.5000/- Rs.8000/-
HS – Rs. 1000/-
UG (Engg.), PG (Engg.) and other Proffessional Courses (AICTE Approved) – Rs.5000/-
UG (Polytechnic) – Rs.1500/-
UG (Medical-Degree) and Diploma Courses – Rs.5000/- and – Rs.1500/- Respectively
As the payment will be made by direct beneficiary transfer only, furnishing of Bank details of the applicant, i.e. A/C No., Bank Name, IFS Code of Bank is mandatory.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be domicile of West Bengal and has been continuing education in institutes situated in West Bengal.
- Students at Higher Secondary level, Diploma (Polytechnic) level, Under graduate level, Post graduate level, M. Phil./ Doctoral level as well as Kanyashree (K-2) recipients will get benefit under this scholarship scheme.
- Kanyashree recipients (K-2) pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream from Universities of this State after obtaining Under Graduate Degree with 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme.
- The income criteria for application under the scheme is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum
How to apply for Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Follow the steps given below:
Step 1 :
Online Registration: At first applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form. On successful submission of the Registration Form, an Applicant ID of 15 characters will be generated and it will be used to login and complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form. The Applicant Id also required for all future correspondences. Please maintain the Password Policy, for choosing the Password in the Registration Form, as instructed. Please download the Registration Slip or note down the system generated Applicant ID for future use. The Applicant ID will also be sent to the mail id, entered at the time of registration.
Applicants, willing to apply for K3 are required to fill up the authentication form to verify their existence in Kanyashree (K2) with the input fields Kanyashee (K2) Year of Application, Kanyashree ID, Applicant’s Name, Applicant’s Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name. On successful completion of K2 authentication applicants will be forwarded to registration form. The rest of the process is same as fresh application procedure.
For Renewal of existing beneficiaries, Online registration is not needed, rather they can login with their previous Applicant ID and Password to apply for renewal.
Note: Eligibility criteria for application in Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship are mentioned in detail advertisement, available under Downloads menu.
Step 2 :
Online Application: Login with the generated Applicant ID, Password (which was set during Registration Process) and Captcha (Security Code). After successful login, fill up rest of the application forms. While uploading Scanned Copy of Image and Signature, please maintain File Format and File Size as mentioned. Image and Signature format should be JPG/JPEG and size should be in between 20KB-50KB and 10KB-20KB respectively.
Step 3 :
Upload Documents: After successful submission of application forms, Scanned Supporting Document Upload form will be appeared. Upload all necessary documents as mentioned in the form. While uploading, please maintain the File format and File size, as mentioned. Files should be in PDF format and size should not exceed 400KB.
Step 4 :
Final Submission: After finalizing the application, download the Verification Certificate which contains two pages. First page is the Applicant Copy and second page is the HOI(Head of the Institution) Copy.
After verification and signed by HOI, applicant will scan the Applicant Copy and upload the same in the application portal to complete the application process. HOI will retain the HOI Copy.
Documents Required for Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (Both sides)
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College examination (Both sides)
- Income certificate of family (Not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate Issued by concerned authority
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No. and IFSC)
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Contact
Government of West Bengal Higher Education,
Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department
6th Floor, Salt Lake,
1800 102 8014