The South Indian Bank Ltd., One of the earliest banks in South India, provides scholarship from meritorious Undergraduate students belonging to economically backward families of Kerala. The scholarship is offered under Bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) mission. The aim of the scheme is to attract the creamy layer of the talented youths pursuing professional studies in the top prestigious educational institutions in India to our bank.
South Indian Bank Scholarship
- B.Tech, MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BVMS, B.Pharm, B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc(Agri), LLB and other 3 & 4 year full time under graduate courses.
- South Indian Bank Ltd
- Meritorious Undergraduate students belonging to economically backward families of Kerala
“South Indian Bank” came into being during the Swadeshi movement. The establishment of the bank was the fulfillment of the dreams of a group of enterprising men who joined together at Thrissur, a major town (now known as the Cultural Capital of Kerala), in the erstwhile State of Cochin to provide for the people a safe, efficient and service oriented repository of savings of the community on one hand and to free the business community from the clutches of greedy money lenders on the other by providing need based credit at reasonable rates of interest.
The Bank’s CSR mission is to contribute to the social and economic development of the community. Through a series of interventions, the bank seeks to mainstream economically, physically and socially challenged groups and to draw them into the cycle of growth, development and empowerment.
South Indian Bank Scholarship Details
No. of Students to receive scholarship from each district in Kerala: 05
Scholarship Amount: The Bank will pay/reimburse 100% of the tuition fees as per the fee structure to the selected students for seats allotted in the Govt. quota in Govt. & Aided colleges
An additional monthly allowance of Rs.4000/- towards hostel/subsistence cost will also be paid to the hostel authorities/SB account of the selected student for the entire duration of the regular course Govt. fees are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
South Indian Bank Scholarship Eligibility Criteria :
- Be a citizen of India studying in Kerala
- The candidate should have passed 12th Standard from any Govt. Higher Secondary School in Kerala with total mark not less than 85% (previous 2 years)
- Annual family income of all members should not exceed Rs. 100,000/-(Rupees One Lakh only)
- Candidate pursuing Under graduate courses such as B.Tech, MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BVMS, B.Pharm, B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc(Agri), LLB and other 3 & 4 year full time under graduate courses.
- Students who got enrolled for the above mentioned courses during the year (coming year) in Govt./Aided colleges in the state of Kerala are eligible. Students who are admitted to self financing colleges in Govt. quota during (comingyear) and paying the same Govt. fees are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to apply for South Indian Bank Scholarship
Candidates are requested to apply online through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com. No other means/modes of applications will be accepted.
Before registration –
- Candidates are requested to ensure that tensure that the information filled in the Online-Application Form is correct before submitting the same.
- There will not be any provision to modify the submitted online application. Candidates are requested to take utmost care while filling up the application.
- Candidates making multiple registrations will be disqualified
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload their photograph, 12th Standard mark list, Certificate in prescribed format signed by head of institution where currently studying and family income certificate issued by Village Officer .
- Candidates belonging to BPL families should upload BPL certificate issued by secretary of local body.
- If any of the parent has expired, corresponding death certificate to be uploaded.
Guidelines for Uploading Photograph and certificates.
– Recent passport size colour photograph.
– Background , preferably white.
– Casual photographs wearing caps/hats/dark glasses not acceptable.
– Resolution: 140 pixels (height) x 110 pixels (width).
– Size of the scanned image – not more than 50kb.
Uploaded certificates should be legible.
Size of each scanned certificate – not more than 300kb.
Scanned Image of certificate should be in pdf format only
Kindly retain a copy of the application for future reference.
For more information, visit the SIB website www.southindianbank.com
South Indian Bank Scholarship Contact
South Indian Bank Ltd.
T.B Road, Mission Quarters,
Telephone Nos : +91-487-2420020, 2420058, 2420113