Sarthak Educational Trust provides Sarthak scholarship from differently-abled students to enable them to pursue professional or technical courses from recognized institutes and get employed/self-employed.
Sarthak Educational Trust was started in year 2008. In 2004 while practising as a dentist, Dr. Aggarwal started losing his vision due to Macular Degeneration of Retina, a non treatable concern.
Sarthak Scholarship Program for Person with Disabilities
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree level
- Sarthak Educational Trust
- Differently-abled students to enable them to pursue professional or technical courses from recognized institutes
During this period he realized the agony with which a PwD’s goes through due to constraints such as non inclusive environment and limited access to resources and opportunities.
With God’s grace and support from various relevant persons he first got himself trained in screen readers and other software to manage and execute his daily activities through Computers, and gradually started with skilling and employment of visually impaired candidates in Medical Transcription in Delhi.
Thus, he envisioned a platform where this dependency can be cured. With this thought, in 2008 Dr. Aggarwal started with one centre in Delhi and gradually expanded to 16 centers across nation.
Through its presence in Delhi(3), Chandigarh, Gurgram, Ludhiana, Lucknow, Jaipur(2), Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Ambala, Bhopal, Kolkata and Ghaziabad with the support of National Skill Development Corporation, Tech Mahindra Foundation, Capgemini India Private Limited, Mahindra Finance and various other agencies.
Sarthak Scholarship Program for Person with Disabilities Details
In total, 50 scholarships will be given to those applicants who have taken admission either for graduation or post graduation in any recognized college.
Sarthak Scholarship Program Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree level course from a recognized university, OR
- Have taken admission in a professional course based on his/her performance in competitive examination, OR
- Have taken admission in a professional course without facing any competitive examination.
(Note: Such students must have secured not less than 50% marks in their higher secondary/graduation level. However, in case of female students, the percentage secured should not be less than 45% at higher secondary/graduation level.)
- Have annual family income less than INR 3 Lac from all sources.
Sarthak Scholarship Program Application Process
Students can register for the scholarship by filling the form given in the site http://www.sarthakindia.org/scholarship.php
Forward the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org under subject line Sarthak Scholarship Program for Pwd’s (specify last year – current year)
- Disability Certificate
- Scanned Passport size Photograph
- Aadhar card
- Marksheets 10th, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation
- Family Income Proof
- Student ID Proof
- Bank PassBook
Sarthak Scholarship Program Contact Details
Sarthak Educational Trust
Building # 1, Sarthak Educational
Near Bhikaji Cama Place,
New Delhi-110066, India
Ph No. 011-42004238