PRL (Physical Research Laboratory) Junior Research Fellowship Program is provided to the highly motivated students for pursuing PhD. Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), known to be the cradle of space sciences in India is a premier national research institution founded in 1947 by Dr. Vikram A. Sarabhai under the aegis of the Department of Space, Government of India.
PRL Junior Research Scholarship
- Research Fellowship
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Solar Physics, Planetary Sciences, Geosciences, Space and Atmospheric Sciences, Experimental Laser and Atomic Physics and Theoretical Physics.
- Tata Memorial Centre – Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC), Mumbai
- Candidates pursuing PhD in PRL
Subject areas: Astronomy, Astrophysics, Solar Physics, Planetary Sciences, Geosciences, Space and Atmospheric Sciences, Experimental Laser and Atomic Physics and Theoretical Physics.
All the students will be required to undergo two semesters of course work after joining the institute, and only after the successful completion of the course work, students will be allowed to join the research groups.
PRL Junior Research Scholarship Eligibility criteria
- Be an Indian citizen.
- Have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Geophysics, Ocean Sciences, Atmospheric Sciences, Space Physics, and Environmental Sciences with first class (60%) or equivalent at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
- Students from all disciplines applying for JRF programme must have Physics and Mathematics in their Bachelor’s degree.
- The students expecting a Master’s degree are also eligible to apply for the Fellowship subject to having secured first class (60 %) or equivalent grades up to the last semester.
Selection : Candidates are selected on the basis of GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET/JEST and Post Graduation scores and also a written test, followed by an interview.
PRL Junior Research Scholarship Description
- Selected JRFs will be paid a fellowship of Rs 25,000/- per month which will be raised to Rs 28,000/- per month after two years, subject to a satisfactory academic review. Renewal of fellowship is based on a review conducted each year. The total duration of fellowship will be five years.
- An academic allowance of Rs 10,000/- per year will be given for five years.
- Expenses connected with the registration for a Ph.D. degree, such as, tuition fees and examination fees will be borne by PRL.
- Students are offered financial support up to Rs 1.0/- lakh (Rupees One lakh only) for participating in an international academic meeting during the Ph.D. tenure, excluding the duration of the course work and subject to fulfilling extent PRL norms.
Age Limit: 25 years as on 31st December
How to apply for PRL Junior Research Scholarship
Candidates shouldn’t wait till the last date and are required to apply before the closing date to avoid the possibility of disconnection / local server issues/power failure etc. They should provide valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number for registration. E-mail ID should be kept active. Status of successful mandatory will be sent through the registered e-mail ID.
Each application will be screened and the Short listed candidates will be selected as per the cut off criteria in the written test and by an interview.
Physical Research Laboratory
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-380009, Gujarat.