Higher Education Department of Government of Odisha e-Medhabruti Scholarship for the meritious students of Odisha for pursuing higher studies n the field of General, Technical and Professional education, within or outside the state.
Awarding Scholarship to meritorious students is a benevolent scheme of Government of Odisha. It is expected that the award of the scholarship shall definitely encourage and motivate brilliant students to exhibits their talents in every stage of life.
Odisha e-Medhabruti Scholarship
- General Technical/ Professional education
- UG/PG Scholarship
- Government of Odisha, Higher Education Department
- Meritious students of Odisha for pursuing higher studies in the field of general technical/ professional education within or outside the state.
In order to encourage and motivate brilliant students of Odisha prosecuting higher studies in the field of General, Technical and Professional education, the Government of Odisha is awarding different scholarship every year through Higher Education Department on merit-cum-means basis.
Odisha e-Medhabruti Scholarship to be awarded:
Four types of scholarship are being awarded by the Higher Education Department :
- Junior merit scholarship for + 2 Students : Amount of scholarship per year (10 months in a year @ Rs. 300/-) — Rs.3000/- for-10,000 students per year, Period of scholarship (2 years )
- Senior Merit for +3 Students (for B.A, B.Sc. & B.Com. Only) : Amount of scholarship per year (10 months in a year @ Rs. 500/-) — Rs.5000/– for-3000 students per year, Period of scholarship (3 years )
- P.G. Merit (Post Graduate) Scholarship (for M.A, M.Sc. & M.Com. Only) : Amount of scholarship per year (10 months in a year @ Rs. 1000/-) — Rs.10000/- — Rs.5000/– for-1500 students per year, Period of scholarship (2 years )
- Technical/Professional: Amount of scholarship per year(10 months in a year @ Rs. 1000/-) Rs.10000/– — Rs.5000/– for-10000 students per year, Period of scholarship (5 years )
Odisha e-Medhabruti Scholarship Eligibility
- Students must be permanent resident of Odisha. Provided that children of Odisha State Government employees can also avail these scholarships irrespective of their location subject to fulfillment of other terms & condition
- For Junior Merit Scholarship 60% of 10th Board (Final Result) for both boys and girls (BSE, Odisha/CBSE & ICSE, New Delhi).
- For Senior Merit for +3 Students 60% of 12th Board (Final Result) for both boys and girls.
- For P.G. Merit (Post Graduate) Scholarship 60% of + 3 Final Result for both boys and girls.
- 60% of 12th Board (Final Result) or 60% in +3/equivalent examination as applicable to pursue the Technical/Professional courses for both boys and girls.
- The CBSE /ICSE grading system i.e. Grade A 1, A 2, B 1 & B 2 shall be converted to the percentage of 95%, 85%, 75% & 65% respectively.
- Income ceiling of parents shall not exceed Rs.6.00 lakhs per annum. No income ceiling applicable of Special Girls Merit Scholarship
- Students pursuing technical/ Professional studies in the state and in reputed National / outside the state institutions shall get scholarship observing the qualifying mark, resident and income criteria only.
Odisha e-Medhabruti Scholarship Selection Procedure
Selection of students for this category of scholarship shall be made through descending order of merit.
The applicants can apply online through the website http://www.medhabruti.org
Students studying in SAMS (Student Academic Management System) Colleges (i.e., +2 / +3 students admitted to Colleges through online selection by Govt. of Odisha) need not apply separately. The relevant documents such as Marksheet, income, residence and bank account details are to be submitted to Principal who will upload the data online.
Other students are requested to apply on-line for scholarship by clicking E-medhabruti link in the Government website www.dheodisha.gov.in. They are advised to go through the guidelines thoroughly and carefully before filling the form on-line. The students are required to submit the downloaded form along with supporting documents to the Head of the Institution where he / she is continuing higher study. All applied records will be displayed in the Principal’s login who will verify the same.
Outside students shall submit the hard copy of the downloaded application forms duly countersigned by his / her Head of the Institution along with copies of supporting documents to the ‘ Under Secretary (Scholarship), Higher Education Department, Odisha Secretariat, Bhubaneswar – 751001’ by Registered Post within the stipulated time for consideration in the Higher Education Department .
Concerned students are advised to keep a copy of the downloaded application form for their future reference.
Odisha e-Medhabruti Scholarship Contact Details
Higher Education Department,
Bhubaneswar – 751001