In this blog post, AISEE– a national merit-based scholarship platform that provides the scholarship for engineering and medical scholarships for students in India, gives you complete details about the Debesh-Kamal Scholarships for Overseas Studies 2019. Find out the eligibility, benefits of scholarship, how to apply, terms and conditions and more.
About Debesh-Kamal Scholarships for Overseas Studies 2019:
Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata provides the scholarship for Indian postgraduate students to study abroad. Debesh-Kamal Scholarships for Overseas Studies is an initiative to provide financial assistance to the students who want to pursue their higher education or research work from abroad preferably, in the areas of Humanities and the Basic Sciences, but candidates in other disciplines, such as Social Sciences, Applied Science and Technology, are also considered. The number of scholarships offered varies each year. These scholarships are offered for studies at the undergraduate level.
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have scored first class marks with a constant good academic record at their post-graduate honours level.
- Not exceed an age of 30 years at the time of applying for this scholarship. However, there are certain exceptions for short-term post-graduate or post-doctoral researchers.
- Opt his/her area of study as Humanities and Basic Sciences or other disciplines such as social sciences and applied science and technology.
- The candidates will have to submit evidence of their having been admitted to a course of study/research at a major university or comparable academic institution abroad.
- Research students/scholars will have to submit along with their applications an outline of their research project as may have been approved by the university/institution concerned.
Awards and benefits:
The selected applicant will be provided with a cash award of INR 1,00,000 for one year only. However, as the amount is not sufficient for the complete duration of course, therefore, the applicant has to produce sound proof of other resources or financial help.
Debesh-Kamal Scholarship will be tenable for one year only.
How to apply for Debesh-Kamal Scholarships for Overseas Studies 2019?
Step 1: To download the application form, click here.
Step 2: Fill in the form as prescribed and attach relevant documents such as photocopies of mark sheets and certificates, mentioned in the form along with a passport size photograph.
Step 3: Prepare a bank draft of INR 100 (non-refundable application fee) in favour of the Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture and attach it to the form.
Step 4: Post the application form either by post or by courier services with the envelope inscribed as “Debesh-Kamal Scholarship” to –
The Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture
Gol Park, Kolkata – 700 029
Debesh Kamal Scholarship 2019 Important Dates:
- The last date for receiving the application form: 30th April 2019
Documents required for the Debesh-Kamal Scholarships for Overseas Studies 2019:
The applicant has to attach the photocopies of all the relevant academic mark sheets and certificates along with the application form.
- After shortlisting certain profiles, the applicants will be called for an interview at Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata. They will have to bear their own travelling expenses.
- But, candidates coming from more than 100 kilometres distance will be provided with a second class railway fare.
- The decision of the Selection Committee about the eligibility of a candidate and his/ her selection shall be final.
Terms and Conditions:
- The applicants will have to provide evidence of their selection to a course of study or research at a major university which is comparable to the academic institution abroad.
- The applicant will have to submit a research work or a project undertaken by him/her which should be approved by the concerned university or institution.
Gol Park, Kolkata – 700029