The Cargill Global Scholarship Program is a distinctive scholarship opportunity that not only provides financial support, but offers leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events, and a one-on-one mentoring program. Through this scholarship, Cargill is helping to nourish and build a network of future leaders who can develop new innovations and positively contribute to their communities. This program embodies Cargill’s commitment to improving living standards and promoting vibrant and stable communities around the globe.
Cargill Global Scholarship
- Cargill’s world of Food, Agriculture and Risk Management.
- UG Scholarship
- Institute of International Education (IIE), New Delhi
- Students in Brazil, China, India, Russia and the U.S
The Cargill Global Scholarship Program is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) on behalf of Cargill. Founded in 1919, IIE is one of the most experienced not-for-profit organizations in the field of international education and scholarship management, and has worked extensively in areas of leadership development. IIE currently administers over 200 programs benefiting over 30,000 men and women from 185 nations.
Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing university students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement and leadership potential and study in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
Cargill Global Scholarship are available to students in Brazil, China, India, Russia and the U.S.
Cargill Global Scholarship Amount & Benefits
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholarship Program. Each Cargill Global Scholar will :
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 USD for up to three years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Have the opportunity to become one of five students from each country cohort to participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Program to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations. This activity will bring the top performing Cargill Global Scholars from around the world for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor over the duration of the program. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through work shadowing and networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community
Cargill Global Scholarship Eligibility
Cargill Global Scholars are high performing first or second year university students, studying in a field that relates to Cargill’s business goals of providing innovative solutions to meeting today’s economic, environmental and social challenges.
Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the following required criteria.
- Citizen or permanent resident of India
- Enrollment in one of the partner colleges which include:
– Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
– Delhi Technological University
– Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai
– Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra
– The National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Second year Undergraduate (UG) student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Special consideration will be given to female applicants and those who specialize in an engineering field.
Cargill Global Scholarship Application Procedure
Candidates can apply for Cargill Global Scholars Program through online. Online application form is available at the website www.cargillglobalscholars.com
In addition to your application, the supporting documents that must be sent include:
- 12th Class Marksheet (official copy)
- College Marksheet (official copy)
- Two Letters of Reference (form provided)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
Cargill Global Scholarship Contact Details
Institute of International Education India (IIE)
J-19, Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi – 110016
Phone : +91 11 466 31430