About AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2019:
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is offering this scholarship under the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD). It invites applications for AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 from differently-abled students pursuing technical degree/diploma courses from recognized institutions. The students who are already availing this scholarship can also apply for renewal of the same. The aim of this scholarship is to promote technical education by offering financial assistance to specially-abled students for continuation of their professional studies. Total 1,000 students will be awarded INR 30,000 as tuition fee reimbursement and other benefits.
AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a specially-abled student with disability level not less than 40%
- Be admitted to the 1st year of degree/diploma course in any of the AICTE approved institution in 2019-20 through centralized admission process of the central/state government
- Have a family income of less than INR 8 Lakhs per annum
Awards and benefits:
A total of 1,000 differently-abled students are awarded this scholarship every year combining of 500 Degree and 500 Diploma students. The selected students receive:
- Tuition fee of INR 30,000 or actual, whichever is less
- Incidental charges of INR 2,000 per month for a duration of 10 months every year
Note: In case of tuition fee reimbursement/waiver, the students will get INR 30,000 for purchasing books, software, equipment, desktop, laptop, vehicle or fee for application of competitive examination.
How to apply for AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2019?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to visit the online application system.
Step 2: Click on ‘Register here’ to register.
Step 3: Once registered, the candidates will receive a confirmation link via email on their registered email ID.
Step 4: Click on the email link to confirm registration.
Step 5: Login using the registered email id and password.
Step 6: Fill the online application form carefully.
Step 7: Upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
Step 8: Finally, submit the application form.
Documents required for the AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2019:
- Mark sheet of class 10 and 12 (as applicable)
- Annual family Income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued by an official, not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Admission letter for getting admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute
- Disability certificate issued by the competent authority
- Receipt of tuition fee
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhaar card indicating applicant’s photograph, account number and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST or OBC candidates)
- Aadhaar card
- Duly signed declaration by the parents confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2019 Selection criteria:
- Candidates who have taken admission in an AICTE approved college/institution through Centralised Admission Process (for government quota) are selected for Saksham Scholarship on the merit basis.
- While selecting the candidates for the disbursal of the scholarship, 15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
Important dates of AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2019:
Application start date: 08th September 2019
Application deadline: 08th October 2019
Terms and Conditions:
- Students admitted through management quota are not eligible to apply for the AICTE Saksham Scholarship.
- Applicants must have a general saving account in a bank. They cannot use FRILL/Minor/Joint account.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) is used to directly transfer the scholarship amount into the selected candidate’s bank account.
- The scholarships for degree and diploma are transferable in event of non-availability of eligible applicants in any of the degree/diploma level programme.
- The applications received from students pursuing a dual degree/integrated degree/lateral entry programme at UG degree/diploma level cannot apply for this scholarship.
Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi -110070